Contact Me for a Free Consultation 1 (800) 407-1516


Injury Reports and Payments

Posted by Louis B. Lusk | Nov 06, 2014 | 0 Comments

Injury Reports and Payments

As with most government systems, there is paperwork to be filled out when applying for Workers' Compensation. From reporting an injury to reporting payments, there are specific forms. In order to streamline the process, the Georgia State Board of Workers' Compensation (GSBWC) has put the initial reporting form online to be filled in and submitted electronically.

Start the Process

The very first form is the WC-1. This is the employer's first report of injury or occupational disease. The form requires detailed information about the employee, including the date the employee was hired, the employee's job classification, and the number of days the employee works per week. Form WC-1 asks for the employee's average weekly wages and the weekly benefit amount as well. The employer must also give its name, address, federal EIN and insurer information.

After the general employee information is given, then detailed information about the injury or illness is requested. What was the date and time of the injury? When was the employer informed about the injury? It is necessary to describe the type of injury or illness and the specific body part affected. The employer must also inform the GSBWC whether the employee received full pay on the day of the injury or not and whether the injury occurred on the employer's premises. The injury information must include the name and address of the treating physician and whether and where hospital treatment was given.

If any insurance payments have been made to the employee, then the employer is required to list those on the form as well. The employer must note whether the injury resulted in temporary total disability, temporary partial disability, or permanent partial disability and the estimated disability percentage range.


If the employer or the insurance company has paid benefits to an injured employee, then the WC-2 form is used. In addition to name and address of both the employee and the employer, this gives specific information about how much the injured employee was or is being paid and if and when benefits were suspended due to return to work. If the employee died from his or her injuries, then the employer must submit a WC-2A form telling about the death benefits paid and when they would be suspended. This form also requires a list of total or partial dependents.

While a case is being reviewed by the GSBWC, the employer will submit case progress reports on the WC-4 form. These reports note payment types, the rate of payment, how many weeks and/or days that payment was received and the total number of payments made of that payment type. This report also asks for the total amount of weekly benefits, physician, hospital, pharmacy, physical therapy, chiropractic, rehabilitation, attorney's fees, and burial payments that have been made on the employee's behalf by the employer.

Considering the amount of paperwork and the details that need to be tracked, having an attorney by your side can help keep items from getting lost or forgotten. An attorney can assist with making sure you receive the benefits you are entitled to.  Contact our knowledgeable attorneys about assistance with your workers' compensation claim.

About the Author

Louis B. Lusk

About Louis B. Lusk – Disability Attorney Attorney Louis B. Lusk has helped thousands of disabled individuals recover Social Security disability and SSI disability benefits.  He is an active member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimant's Representatives (NOSSCR), an organizat...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment


If you have been turned down for Social Security disability call me at 1 (800) 407-1516. I look forward to hearing from you.